Work with us
Aerospace RAMS Project Manager
DMD Solutions is a consultancy company specialized in RAMS engineering, providing outsourcing of projects and engineering tools development. Our customers are manufacturers and maintainers of aeronautic products located in Europe. We help them achieve their engineering quality goals with a focus on certification.
As part of our expansion plan, we are looking to hire a Project Manager with experience in the Aerospace Industry and skills in B2B sales. The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating, and developing RAMS analyses and related projects within the designated budget, timeline, and scope. They will also effectively monitor and steer project updates to relevant collaborators, clients, or project team members as well as identify new business opportunities within the company contacts.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Project Management responsibilities
- Coach and support project team members and delegate technical work effectively
- Prepare and execute project plans in line with customer contractual commitments and DMD Solutions’ quality requirements
- Prepare technical offers to customer, work packages, timelines, scheduling and resource allocation for each project
- Interface with management to review projects, plan resources and discuss new business acquisition within established contacts
- Periodically travel to customer site to lead meetings and retrieve the necessary information to develop the project at DMD Solution’s premises
Business Development responsibilities
- Identify and pursue opportunities for new projects within the customer relations established as part of the PM tasks
- Support the steering of business development strategies with the management team, based on experience gathered in the field
- Lead the identification strategy for new potential customers
- Engage in negotiations with potential customer technical and management teams to secure new contracts
Technical responsibilities in the RAMS field
- Identify aircraft safety requirements through customer iteration and documentation review (such as contract, engineering drawings, procedures) to establish and verify that product designs, plans, and procedures meet all applicable Safety regulations for fabrication, test, flight and all operations of the product life cycle.
- Identify hazards and propose mitigations associated with the procurement, manufacture, assembly, testing, operation and maintenance of aircraft, aircraft systems and support equipment.
- Perform hazard analysis according to the standards present in the industry, such as: Preliminary System Safety Assessment (PSSA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Assessment (SSA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.
- Perform industry analyses such as Functional Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Assessment (RA)
- Support the collection and analysis of failure data by means of a FRACAS process and contribute to the design of adequate software tools to sustain it
Required skills & qualifications
- Master’s degree in Aerospace / Aeronautics engineering or Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace / Aeronautics plus MBA
- At least 4 years’ experience in the field of Safety Engineering in Aeronautics
- Relevant experience in other areas of RAMS engineering
- Experience in FAR CS-23 & CS-25 is essential while FAR CS-27 & CS-29 will be positively valued
- Language skills: proficient in English both written and spoken, knowledge of German and/or Catalan/Spanish will be valued
- Advanced user of specific software tools such as PTC Windchill or Relex
- Highly organized, proactive and committed individual
- Strong business acumen in project planning, management and business development
Conditions of employment
- Full-time permanent contract
- Flexible schedule
- Compensation for working time abroad
- Young, international and stimulating work environment based in Barcelona with interesting opportunities for career growth
Please write an email to info @ dmd.solutions with a full Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter