MRO Engineering Support
Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul organizations conduct engineering activities for specific operations of repair, service or inspection of aircraft systems to ensure the safety and continued airworthiness of an air transport vehicle.
Overhaul & Heavy Repair Operations
DMD Solutions was contacted by a leading European MRO organisation to give technical support in the optimisation of the overhaul & heavy repair capabilities for the TPE331 Honeywell engine, installed in the Dornier 228.
The customer MRO organisation is a division of a large group primarily focused on Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul, life-cycle management, operation and availability of military systems – especially for the armed forces and for a reduced number of commercial customers. The workshop is an Authorised Honeywell Service Centre providing overhaul and heavy repair capabilities for TPE331 as well as other engine models of similar dimension.
The Maintenance Repair and Overhaul organisation acquired a commercial contract with highly specific technical and operational requirements from an overseas company for a batch of 10 TPE331 engine overhauls on top of their regular maintenance operations. The MRO customer owned and managed a fleet of Dornier aircraft with non-OEM parts. It was of paramount importance, as required by the certification agency, that original and non-OEM parts had completely separate paths in maintenance operations with added an extra challenge to the internal organisation.
Service Bulletin Check Application
- Definition of SBs requirements and relation between SB and PNs implied in service operation (outdated PNs, replaced/reworked PNs)
- Automated check of SBs to find out if: To Be Complied With / Not Applicable / Found Compliant With based on data collected from Log Book and Disassembly/Tear down
- Definition & tracking of customer specific requirements regarding SB compliance during overhaul operations
- Automate the work of the engineering department, reducing TAT by facilitating critical processes
- Provide better control and tracking of procedures applied to each part for certifying purposes