Work with us
Senior system safety & RAMS engineer
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Identify aircraft safety requirements through customer iteration and documentation review (such as contract, engineering drawings, procedures) to establish and verify that product designs, plans, and procedures meet all applicable Safety regulations for fabrication, test, flight and all operations of the product life cycle.
- Identify hazards and propose mitigations associated with the procurement, manufacture, assembly, testing, operation and maintenance of aircraft, aircraft systems and support equipment.
- Perform hazard analysis according to the standards present in the industry, such as: Preliminary System Safety Assessment (PSSA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Safety Assessment (SSA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), etc.
- Perform industry analyses such as Functional Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Reliability Assessment (RA)
- Support the collection and analysis of failure data by means of a FRACAS process and contribute to the design of adequate software tools to sustain it
- Lead a team of junior engineers and delegate technical work effectively
- Prepare and execute project plans in line with costumer contractual commitments and DMD Solutions’ quality requirements.
- Prepare technical offers to customer, work packages, Gantt charts, scheduling and resource allocation for each project
- Interface with customer to follow up project development. Gain extensive knowledge of their needs, proactively proposing new tasks and responsibilities.
- Periodically travel to customer site to lead meetings and retrieve the necessary information to develop the project at DMD Solution’s premises
- Interface with management to review projects, plan resources and discuss new business acquisition
- Master’s degree in Aerospace / Aeronautics engineering
- At least 5 years’ experience in the field of Safety Engineering in Aeronautics
- Relevant experience in other areas of RAMS engineering
- Experience in FAR CS-23 & CS-25 is essential while FAR CS-27 & CS-29 will be positively valued
- Language skills: proficient in English, knowledge of German and/or Spanish will be valued
- Advanced user of specific software tools such as PTC Windchill or Relex.
- Highly organized, proactive and committed individual
Conditions of employment
- Full-time permanent contract
- Flexible schedule
- Compensation for working time abroad
- Young, international and stimulating work environment based in Barcelona
Please write an email to info @ dmd.solutions with a full Curriculum Vitae and Motivation Letter